Marked by both a love for the sport and a long tradition, the Lakeshore Badminton Association, more commonly known as the LBA was incorporated on March 8, 1996 under the name "Association de badminton du Lakeshore".
As one of the oldest badminton leagues in Quebec, and maybe even in Canada, the "LBA" made its debut in 1946 under the name "The Montreal Lakeshore Badminton League".
The Montreal Lakeshore Badminton League was dissolved after the 1953-54 season, but was reconstituted under the name "Lakeshore Badminton League" for the 1958-59 season, with the original member clubs being Valois, Clearpoint, Hudson and Chateauguay.
The "LBA" consists of recreational and competitive players,
adults and juniors. There are over 1,000 players who are members of
our clubs, either playing recreationally or competitively, or both.
Our junior and competitive programs are gaining in strength, and we
have among our members many of the top players from the provincial ABC and junior
LBA Annual General Meeting
Tuesday, May 29th, 7:30 PM
(main conference room)
230 Boul Brunswick, Pointe-Claire, H9R 5N5
Be there! Vote!
- News & Announcements
- (May 1, 2012) The 2012 LBA AGM will be held on Tuesday May 29th, 2012 at West-Island YMCA.
- (April 26, 2012) The 2012 LBA Tournament pools are now available. Click HERE!!
- (April 9, 2012) The LBA and Quality Suites Pointe-Claire would like to offer the LBA Tournament players from out of town a special rate at their hotel.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!
- (April 5, 2012) Congratulations to Division 1 league champions Longueuil and Division 3 league champions YMCA!
- (March 19, 2012) Registration for the 2011-2012 LBA end-of-season tournament is now open.
- (Dec 1, 2011) Good luck to all teams!
- (Sept 21, 2011) The 2011-2012 LBA season registration has already begun and the deadline for team submissions is Friday, October 7th, 2011.
- Peter Kohl of Beaconsfield wrote a wonderful poem describing his experience at the 2011 LBA Tournament. Click HERE to read it!!
- (May 24, 2011) The two 2011 LBA grants have been given to Albert Ferdinandus and David Pealow. We hope to see good projects come out of these proposals.
- (May 15, 2011) The LBA Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 24th, 2011 at the conference room of the West-Island YMCA at 7:30 PM.